Oat cookies are a dime a dozen it seems, but do you know how versatile they truly are?
Watch how we make them a snack, breakfast, and fun for kids to help make.
When I made this cookie, I was sure the kids would actually not like it. The recipe is similar to a million out there, even ones I have done before, but I knew I had to add an element of creativity to have my kids get in on it.
It’s so important to get the kids involved, so they have a say in what they are eating, even if they don’t totally understand it’s good for them.
Furthermore (I love that word), I realized that you really can’t screw up these oat cookies, and we have settled on ones that we seem to like BEST.
Watch Caiden and I make our favourite breakfast cookies.
These are soooooo good and yummy yummy yumm!My daughter
Here is the super-easy recipe, try it for yourself (it is easy right, that’s what I’m all about, easy and healthy and it is satisfying).
Oat Cookies Your Kids Will Freak Out About
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter) should be smooth
- 2-3 tbsp milk of choice
- Mash up the banana quite well
- Add your nut butter and mix well
- Add in the milk and mix until combined
- Add in your oats, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until all combined
- Scoop our and add onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper
- Have fun topping each cookie however you like (get the kids involved here)
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes until golden
Want more Oat recipes?
For more oat recipes, please check out previous posts.
For more easy recipes, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel.
See you soon!