The perfect recipe for an easy skillet chicken that will make your mouth water and satisfy your weeknight dinner needs.
I admit when it comes to baking chicken at home…I typically just do the same ol’ same ol’.
However, playing around with marinades is quite fun. Hence why I’m bringing you this amazing one to try, to enhance your chicken meals.
Making chicken in a skillet, in my opinion, always has tasted better to me than baking it. Perhaps it is the sizzling of the chicken, maybe the aroma as the skin chars slightly, or the fact you can smell the marriage of the spices and meat directly…
I’m actually not sure.
However, what I am sure of is that if you make this skillet chicken, you will have a superbly mouth-watering entree, with a few people patting you on the back (and if not, just invite me over and I will do it).
Skillet Chicken Makes For A Great Weeknight Dinner
My family eats poultry quite a bit, in fact, it’s basically our back-up protein when we don’t know what to do for dinner. That being said, on weeknights, I don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen…who does?
I created this skillet chicken dinner and a few sides (rice pilaf for the kids and creamed spinach for us) and it was such a hit. It was quick and easy yet, finger-licking good (sorry to borrow that slogan, but it was that tasty without the need to fry it).
I find that a meal that satisfies all taste buds, doesn’t take a lot of effort and time, and fills everyone’s bellies is a win for the weeknights. That’s why I encourage you to try this seasoned skillet chicken with a side of your choice!
Get The Full Recipe!
Seasoned Skillet Chicken
- Ziploc bag - Large freezer bag
- Non-stick skillet or pan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder or paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger powder or ginger paste
- 1/2 lemon (juice of half a lemon)
- 5 chicken thighs (bone-in preferred) already defrosted
- 1 tbsp butter
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the chicken (defrosted) in a large ziploc bag.
- Add in the marinade, zip the bag and massage well.
- Let sit at least one hour (the longer you let sit the better however).
- In a large skillet add 1 tbsp of butter and melt on low-medium heat.
- Place the chiken on the skillet and pour extra marinade on top (if any).
- Cook on medium-low (turning over as needed) for 15 - 20 minutes.
This is seasoned skillet chicken perfect weeknight meal, as it’s easy to prepare the day of. And yes, my kids devoured it, so it’s a very family dish.